Wayne State Law School hosts international arbitration expert Gary BornMay 9, 2012
Born is available for interviews Monday, May 14, prior to the Law School Commencement ceremony
Gary Born, widely regarded as the world's pre-eminent authority on international commercial arbitration and international litigation, is available for interviews Monday, May 14. Born is an authority on every aspect of litigation in the United States involving foreign parties and international issues. He also can discuss the trend of including arbitration clauses in virtually every international commercial contract and the nature of the arbitrations that result.
Born is a partner in the London office of WilmerHale and chair of its International Arbitration Practice Group. He has participated in more than 550 international arbitrations, including four of the largest International Chamber of Commerce arbitrations and several of the most significant ad hoc arbitrations in recent history, including representing
- The Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army in the Abyei arbitration, which determined part of the border between Sudan and the new country of South Sudan;
- Eritrea in an arbitration with Yemen concerning ownership of strategically important islands in the Red Sea;
- Private parties in controversies under various bilateral investment treaties; and
- A major foundation in an ad hoc arbitration against a European state, which raised novel issues of public international law.
Born will receive an honorary Doctor of Laws degree May 14 during the Wayne State University Law School Commencement ceremony at 5 p.m. at the Max M. Fisher Music Center in Detroit.
To arrange an interview, contact Carol Baldwin, director of marketing and communications at the Law School, at 313-577-4629 or email email@example.com.
- Contact: Carol Baldwin
- Voice: 313-577-4629
- Fax: firstname.lastname@example.org